Sunday, June 10, 2007

Father

As kids grow old you expect them to leave home, get married, have kids and, in general, get on with their lives.

What you don't expect is your father going to live in China, getting married, earning a 19 year old chinese step-brother and, in general, your father getting on with his life on the other side of the planet.

My best wishes for him, anyway. I just want to know he's happy.

Tomorrow I'll go visit the doctor about my hand. Tuesday I'm heading to Barna City. Next week will be shooting week (again). After that I may (or may not, depends) spend a week in NY. Not sure about that one yet, seems kind of weird to do so. I haven't got all my hopes in it working out, but I feel like it.

So, plans are:
- Barna (preparing doc about lebanon and shot I'll be shooting in barna next year)
- Madrid (shooting)
- NY (not sure)
- Dalian - China (visiting dad)
- Panamá (shooting)

Love it. I'm trying to lure Ismael into taking 10 days off and going to Beijing with me, renting a car and driving to Dalian whilst taking pics of the whole process. Other options is getting my own driving licence and doing the thing myself. Not likely, but you can dream about it.

Planing isn't good, but sometimes you have to. Hate to admit it. Love certain plans.

* * * * *

Me gusta pensar que, por las noches, sueño contigo.

No comments: