Sunday, July 08, 2007

Yes, let's do that

Isn't it nice? Yes. Let's do that. Look, a rock. Yellow, pink and grey. Sand. Goats. Donkeys. Camels.

I get whims, all the time. See something. Like it. Decide to have it. I'll go out of my way, sabotage myself and get into unlikely situations because of it. Generally it's not worth the effort and you find it out soon. On some occasions, it takes a little more time, one more drop of poison. On others, you can't have it.

It can be because it doesn't belong to you, it can be because, simply, it cannot be. And what can't be done, can't be done and it's impossible. But since they didn't know it was, they went ahead and did it anyway. That strategy sort of works, until there are too many bricks on the wall and your head hurts.

So I went to Jordan. To see camels, goats and rocks and find something out. I saw goats, camels, rocks and found out about it. Maybe I should have lived in doubt because I don't know what to do with the information. My first choice is to not think about it. I enjoyed what had to be enjoyed, got answers and learnt that amnesty international should have a close look on those cruel people who cage rocks, the poor things. I'll think about it tomorrow, while I quit smoking. Yes... I'll do that.

It reminds me of that saying in ancient Greece: when the gods wanted to punish men, they gave them what they wanted. Works for women too. Damn, I got what I wanted. I'm not good at this (or anything else).

I need some sleep, so that's what I will do.

No comments: